Antimicrobial laminate floors are an excellent option with which to get a beautiful floor in any style and at a relatively low cost. Its installation is much simpler than that of any of the alternatives and does not require works.
However, when doing an installation, it is necessary to know what we can do and what not to do if we want it to have a long useful life.
What To Do
- Evaluate the use that the floor will have if it is for domestic or commercial use and if it will be moderate, normal, or intense.
- Choosing a good insulator, it will not be that to save money; you have to replace the floor due to the humidity coming from the subsoil.
- If you are going to install, read the instructions. Pay special attention to the anchoring system; not all laminate floors have the same.
- Before tackling the job, make sure the floor is clean, dry, and level.
- Laminate floors, like wood grains, laminate, expand, and contract depending on the temperature and humidity throughout the year. Therefore, you should leave around a centimeter of the perimeter between the slats and the wall or columns.
- If you are not sure if you can install, call a professional.
- To avoid scratches on the floor, avoid dragging furniture if you can lift them to move them from one place to another. It is always convenient to use pads or felt on the furniture legs.
- Avoid as much as possible, long exposures in sunlight. It can only deteriorate the pattern over time. If you can, install blinds and make sure they are closed at least during the hours when the sun is highest.
What Not To Do
- If there is too much humidity in a room and you have no way of solving the problem, do not install laminate flooring in it.
- If you perform the installation and the first row is not straight, do not continue. This is the basis for a good result.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or soaps to clean.
- It can be cleaned with water, but always with the mop well-drained, do not flood the surface.
- Do not use spike heels or sports shoes with metal studs for walking on this type of floor.